Monday, January 12, 2009

1-12-09


I was driving to the first day of my Journaling Class at Genesis Hospital, and was noticing my fingernails on the steering wheel, and wondering if everyones' nails look like this when they have their gel/acrylic nails removed?!?!? I had my very first set of fake nails put on a couple of months ago for a special occasion and they looked AMAZING for about two weeks, after which I went in for "fills," and after doing that two times, I decided to have them removed, even tho I really liked how strong the fake nails were compared to my natural nails. After soaking the gel nails in hot acetone for about 15 minutes, they took a dremel type drill with a buffing stone, and took of the gel and tips, and left these big dents in my natural nails, which are slowly growing out. I was wondering if that is typical, or whether they did it on purpose, so that my nails would look so bad, I would cave and get another set put on so they would look nice again!?!?!? Has anyone else had this experience? I don't know what to think since it was my first time!

4 comments:

  1. Hello. I have had fake nails put on several times and they were always trashed when I removed them. I tried a couple different ways when removing them and nothing worked. I painted them and waited for them to grow out. Sorry! Oh, I did have dents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know. I guess when they file your nail down to attach the fake one, and then remove the fake one, there is bound to be a dent in my nail on the border where they filed it down. I just hope they don't take too long to grow out... guess I can take pix every month and show the process of growing them out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had acrylic nails a few times (always get tired of the upkeep and end up getting rid of them) and end up with my nails looking just like that afterwards. You just have to be patient and let them grow out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!
    This blog has posted wonderful information and Thanks for sharing your ideas with us!
    Where recently I have found one site where It deals with gel nails, UV metallic gel. We can use nail gel brush for nail art including that can use it to mix the acrylic liquid and crystal powder and due to this nothing harm will happen to us. I thought It would be helpful to any one.

    ReplyDelete