Saturday, January 24, 2009

1-24-09



Today I received in the mail this beautiful hand-made Christmas card (navy blue at the bottom of the photo) from my friends in Nitra, Slovakia! Inside the card is a photograph of their family standing together, with the beautiful mountain vista in the background... part of which you can see through the cut out triangle on the front of the card. So, I decided to pull out my three Slovak-English dictionaries, and send them a reply, as best I can, using words from my dictionaries. I write my letter in English (I don't speak Slovak!), with room between each line to write the corresponding Slovak word from the dictionaries. I'm sure they get a good laugh when they read my letters! Can you imagine how my dictionary translation must sound to them?!?!? But at least we stay in touch. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment