Monday, March 16, 2009

3-16-09


A candy wrapper dropped while walking… an empty water bottle discarded while biking… a soda can thrown from a car window while driving…Litter… it is one of my huge pet peeves!!! It makes me so sad… and angry. I took these photos along the country road leading to my house today. When did our roadways and waterways become the city dump?!?!? When I was growing up, we were taught not to litter. Even the smallest piece of cellophane that unwrapped a new pack of gum went into the ash tray or trash bag in the car, to be taken home and disposed of properly. Today’s kids (and some adults!) will toss just about anything… anywhere! Littering is so disrespectful of other people’s property and of our planet earth! Argh!!!!! Sorry, I’ll get off my soap box now… and go pick up some litter… and try to leave the world a better place.

1 comment:

  1. This is a big one for me too!! We went garbage collecting with Anika last year and she was a big help. Plan on doing it again once the snow melts. BTW I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete