Friday, June 19, 2009

6-19-09 Friday Shoot Out ~ Metal

Audrey, I'm so glad you selected METAL for today's shoot out! I began the day wondering what in the world I could find to photograph that was metal... so I just took my camera with me (everyday... all day... as usual...) and soon became aware of how metal touches my life from the moment I rise until I go to bed at night!!!

First thing upon waking... open the bedroom door and let the kitty (who wears a pink metal heart tag) outside:


Grab the car keys or bike and go to the parks to jog:


Metal fences keep me on the straight and narrow jogging path at the park,
and although aluminum cans are such a blessing, litter makes me angry!


Cleaning up after exercising:


Blow drying my hair... getting dressed... adorning my beautiful self!


Tea and egg white omelet for breakfast:


Running errands...


Communicating with loved ones...


Creating balance and beauty in my home:


Around the house...
Needles knitting prayers and love with yarn...
Cameras helping me be observant and aware...
Wheels and gears marking the passage of time...
Spirals that make me smile...


Grills to cook my salmon for dinner...
Metal table on which to dine...
Flatwear to help me eat...
Metal soap bar to get the fish smell off my hands...


Helping to keep plastic water bottles out of the landfills...
Recycling precious resources...


Pens, pencils, notebooks for journaling at the end of the day...
along with another cup of herbal tea...


And saving the best 'til last...
my wedding ring, a symbol of my eternal love to my DH of over 3 decades...
And beautiful sculptures from one of my yoga students, that expresses that love!
(I wanted her to capture that sweet moment in time when a wife is standing at the kitchen sink doing dishes, and her husband comes up behind her and kisses her on the neck...
I think the sculptor got it spot on!!!)
I love you, dear husband!
Thanks for looking! There were soooooo many more things I could have photographed! I would personally like to thank all the brave men and women miners who risk their lives in the mines deep below the earth every day, to provide us with all this metal to enrich our lives!
Love & Light to you!
~OM girl

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh these are wonderful!! I love your take on the theme. What touches us!!! Wonderful!! Hope you have a great weekend!! Blessings, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious metal on your finger, girl! Loved the fresh take!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, THIS is amazing! What an incredible post! I absolutley love how you interpreted the assignment. I was smiling throughout and thinking, "Becky, you clever witty woman you!" A wee stroke of genius, for sure. I would say you were full of beans, but...seriously, I loved how you showed refried beans for your recycled example - LMAO! Really, really good post. So glad that you are a fellow shooter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Play the worlds largest puzzle n win a apple i-phone, digital cameras and ipods every week.


    click on the link below n win a I phone

    http://www.stay-sharp.in/staysharp/liptonLogin.aspx?um=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really good, isn't something that this shoot-out makes us see our world so differently. we don't even look or is we look but do not see. anyway is a great shoot-out.

    ReplyDelete