Thursday, June 25, 2009

6-25-09 Grotto


DD and I enjoyed a "girls' day out" road trip to Wisconsin today. I took her to see this grotto in Dickeyville, WI as well as the Sinsinawa Mound, the Mines of Spain, and a beautiful collection of Tiffany stained glass windows... some of my favorite sights to see in that area! We got caught in a HUGE rainstorm while lunching in Dubuque, IA at the Naughty Doggy restaurant and had to pull off of the highway on the way home because of the heavy rain! But all in all, we had a fun day together! Thanks for the wonderful and "sacred" memories, DD!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a nice day! There is nothing like Mother/Daughter girl days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous! I wish I could see it in person...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no pictures that do this place justice! It is one of the most unusual and beautiful works of art I have ever seen, and was obviously created with love!

    ReplyDelete