Saturday, June 6, 2009

6-6-09 Sweet & Sour


Nothing says SPRING like rhubarb!!!
DH and I celebrated this beautiful Spring weekend by attending a local Rhubarb Festival (and came home with a rhubarb pie!).

One of the booths was selling Rhubarb Wine, and used balloons in place of bubblers, so thought I would get a pix of that for those who expressed interest in the wine making.

I love the sweet & sour flavors of all things rhubarb (and Asian!). We can't appreciate one without the other existing. They are a wonderful reminder of the Yin/Yang principle, or the concept of duality: light/dark... wet/dry... sweet/sour... male/female... cold/hot...
Without the one, we do not appreciate, or even recognize the other!

8 comments:

  1. Rhubarb is one of my favorites. I love it combined with strawberry. But my sister-in-law makes a rhubarb desert with a marshmallow topping that I absolutely love! Highly addictive that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love strawberry/rhubarb pies and jellies. this is something that I can't find in Brasil and miss it... the festival sounds like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that I've ever had rhubarb. I love festivals like that, though. Always such neat things to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the balloons - I have to try that!
    Thanks, Becky, for the information and recipe. I'm lovin' your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep thinking if I read all the way to the start, I'm gonna find out what an OM girl is...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The title alone made me want lemonade.
    The appreciation factor is one reason I like living in NJ where the climate changes drastically. I don't want sunshine, 85 degree weather & a Santa in shorts, but I do love summer in summertime. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm I've never had rhubarb wine! I usually have to put a lot of sugar in anything when I use rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete