Tuesday, June 9, 2009

6-9-09 Knit One - Pray One


Here are some photos from the "Knit One, Pray One" Workshop I attended today at the "Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat." It was a wonderful facility and a fun, relaxing day! When my shoulders (or eyes) would get tired, I would go outdoors and walk the labyrinth.

"Heirloom" is knitting code for "This pattern is so difficult that you would consider death a relief. ~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much

Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit, either. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman


I like making a piece of string into something I can wear. ~Author Unknown

I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them. ~Author Unknown

3 comments:

  1. You people are purposely taunting me with your knitting pictures, aren't you! Aha..I am on to you LOL!

    I used to walk that labyrinth at a church in Vancouver. I haven't done it for so long - I used to love it - such a calm, meditative thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first quote - too true! I haven't picked up my knitting in so long, I'm sure I've become rusty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. knititng is one thing i want to learn and do it. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete