Sunday, December 13, 2009

12-13-09 The Shivers!


Nothing gives me the shivers and goosebumps like a live well-done, inspired performance of Handel's Messiah!
Well, shiver me timbers... because last night I attended the best performance I have ever experienced in over 50 years of listening (to live performances and recordings) and participating!!!
And DH was one of the chorus singers! He just about has me talked into joining the alto section next year. The director is the head of the music department at the Lutheran college, and is just outstanding... no, even more... exceptional!!!
I thank God for giving Handel the gift to write such inspired music, and for such gifted performers to sing it, and for ears that can hear and enjoy it, as almost nothing reaches my heartstrings more than great music!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment