Sunday, February 14, 2010

2-13-2010 Embracing What I Hate!

... IOWA WINTERS ! ! !
I keep asking myself, "Why the heck did I move to IOWA?!?!?"
As I endure the 6 month long bitter cold winters,
I cuss 'n complain 'n bitch 'n moan 'n.....
So, instead of hating the winters and fighting against them,
it was time to try and embrace WHAT IS ...
and learn to accept and love it!

So, with that said, I accepted
my dear daughter and son in law's invitation
to get out in the winter's cold and snow
and try cross country skiing...


There was a beautiful glistening rime on the trees, bushes and weeds!


This is me, bundled in 2 pairs of socks, 3 pairs of pants, and 4 long sleeved tops so I could spend 4-1/2 hours in the 16*F temps!


This is me on cross country skis for the first time in my life!


These are the culprits who invited us to come try cross country skiing!


Enjoying the groomed trail... and being with my kids!
(Thanks, hubby for taking this picture of us!)


Ooooops!
We practiced 'getting up' quite a few times! :*)
We had such a fun day...
and won't be able to move tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment