Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2-9-2010 Beer & Chocolate Chili


Tonight DH & I finished off this Beer & Chocolate Chili that I made for Superbowl Supper!
It tasted so good after spending several hours shoveling snow outside today!!!
Recipe:
1 can (15 oz.) red beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz.) white beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
1 bottle beer (12 oz.) ~I used Budweiser Select
3 TB. chocolate flavored syrup ~I used Hersheys Syrup/Special Dark
1 TB. chili powder
2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
1 lb. ground turkey meat, browned and drained

Mix all of the above together in a large pot and simmer for several hours... until it cooks down to the consistency that you like your chili to be. Enjoy!

Try it!!! You'll like it!!! I guarantee it!!!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Girlfriend! This sounds like a true Latin American gourmet recipe! Can I try it? It sounds super delicioso!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good. I'll try it. The chocolate flavored syrup was a surprise. Can you taste it at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, can you taste it? That doesn't sound too good to me.... hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, you cannot taste the chocolate syrup in the chili at all. The chocolate simple adds depth and richness to the spicy chili flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son and his friend made chili one day several years ago and added a bit of just about everything they found in the pantry - including a shot of Robitussin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using chocolate syrup is a bit of a substitute for what is used here in the Tex-Mex area,something called Mole(with an accent on the e,but I can't type it.) Mole has a chocolatey flavor and is used frequently here in Texas with various Mexican dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice easy recipe, with a great result!

    ReplyDelete