Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5-3-2011 Chemo Cap

Last night I started knitting a Chemo Cap
(Head Huggers-Knitted-Pattern#10)
using eyelash/fake fur yarn.
It's the first time I've ever tried knitting
with this type of shaggy yarn
and may I say, it is a bit of a challenge!!!
But, it seems to be going well
and the resulting fabric is super soft! 
I'm knitting it for a lady who works with my DH
and has been recently diagnosed with breast cancer
and is not looking forward to chemo 
and losing her hair!
Hope this helps in some small way!  :*) 

2 comments:

  1. Becky, as a person living with cancer, I cannot express enough how much Chemo Caps are appreciated! For me, the worst part of losing my hair was how chilled I felt all of the time. The caps help immensely - I know that the lady who receives it will appreciate it a great deal. My thoughts and prayers are with her as she begins her journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey, Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind words of encouragement about knitting the chemo cap! I feel so helpless when a loved one receives a cancer diagnosis... so my spirit tells me to just do what I can... knit and pray and listen.
    Kindest Regards,
    OM girl/Becky

    ReplyDelete