Tuesday, July 23, 2013

7-23-2013 Wilton Candy Kitchen




Today DH & I drove 30 minutes
to try out the Wilton Candy Kitchen...
"The Oldest Ongoing 
Ice Cream Parlor/Soda Fountain/Confectionery 
in the WORLD."
(Est. in 1856)
We had never heard of the place
until our son's neighbor, Guy, mentioned it
while we visited with him 
at our grandson's 1st birthday party
several weekends ago.

The 93 year old owner served us
our ice cream cones
(we were the only ones in there
and it took 15 minutes to make 2 ice cream cones)
and we sat and ate them
while reading and hearing about all the celebrities 
who have graced its doors.

It was like stepping back in time.
I can see how old people would find it nostalgic.
For me, it was worth the drive to see it once...
but I plan to head back to my neighborhood 
Whitey's Ice Cream Store
next time I'm in the mood for a cold one.





No comments:

Post a Comment