Sunday, April 6, 2014

4-5-2014 99th Season Finale Performance

Tonight DH & I
went to the (99th) season finale
of the QCSO.
They performed
Gustav Mahler's Symphony No. 3 in D Minor
for the very first time in the QC... 
featuring Mezzo-Soprano Adriana Zabala
and the QC Women's Choir.
The QCSO did an outstanding job playing the piece
and I enjoyed it thoroughly
in spite of being head-butted by the man in front of me,
and having my chair kicked by the man behind me
for 4 of the 6 movements!
He probably thought he was tapping his foot
in time with the music...
but he wasn't.
(I finally got up and moved to a different row/seat!)
If he ever sits behind me again...
and kicks my chair again...
it will be obvious to me that he didn't take a hint
when I had to move to a different seat,
so I will try some public shaming...
next time I will reach back,
squeeze his knee,
and say very loudly,
"Quit kicking my chair please!"


No comments:

Post a Comment