Tuesday, December 30, 2014

12-30-2014 Date-Filled Cookies

 One of my DH's favorite Christmas Cookies growing up
was the "Date-Filled Cookie" that his mom used to make.
I had asked her for the recipe several times over the years
and she said, "Oh, I just use the recipe in the Betty Crocker Cookbook."
So, I would go to MY BCC, and use the recipe there
but it never turned out the same... not even close.
Well, this past weekend, while in Nebraska,
I had a chance to look at my Mother-In-Law's BCC
and it was 60+ years old
and the "Filled Cookie" recipe was quite different 
from the one in my BCC
so I snapped a photo of the recipe in HER BCC
and will give this a try!


I'm printing it here in my blog so it will eventually
get printed into my blog book/annual photo album
for future generations
if they are so inclined...
and so I know where to find a copy of this recipe!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Also, DH & I went to see the movie
"Into the Woods" today...
loved it!



No comments:

Post a Comment