Thursday, June 4, 2015

6-4-2015 Rainbow Lunch and Rhubarb Bread


The rhubarb in our garden is growing like crazy!
I've made lots of pies
and now I'm switching to Rhubarb Bread:

Oma's Rhubarb Bread Recipe
Mix ingredients in order given:
1+1/2 c. packed brown sugar
2/3 c. cooking oil
1 egg
1 tsp. salt
1 c. sour milk
(to make sour milk,
I put 1 TBS. vinegar in my measuring cup
and then fill it to the top with milk)
1 tsp. vanilla
2+1/2 c. unsifted AP flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1+1/2 c. diced rhubarb
1/2 c. nuts (I used pecans)
Grease and flour 2 bread pans
and divide dough into the 2 pans.
TOP the dough with
a drizzle of 1/4 c. melted butter
and
1/4 c. sugar mixed with 1+1/2 tsp. cinnamon.

Bake at 350*F for 40-45 min.
until toothpick inserted in the center
comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment