Friday, August 7, 2015

8-7-2015 Quinoa Crust for Pizza

I recently saw on FaceBook
a video recipe for a gluten free
and thought I would give it a try!

Soak 3/4 c. quinoa in water for 8 hours.

Drain and rinse Quinoa.

 Put Quinoa in food processor (I used my Vita-Mix blender).
and add 1/4 c. water...
 add 1 tsp. baking powder...
 add 1/4 tsp. salt...
 Now blend at medium speed for 2 minutes...
 until it is a pasty consistency...

Next, spread it into a 9 inch round cake pan
that has been buttered,
and has an 11" round circle of parchment paper pressed in the bottom
and butter the top of the parchment paper as well...
 Spread quinoa dough with a spatula to the edges of the pan...
 Bake at 425*F for 15 minutes...

 Remove from oven,
and using the edge of the parchment paper,
pull the dough out of the cake pan,
flip it over back into the cake pan (which now has no paper in it)
and bake another 10 minutes in the cake pan...

Now, flip the crust OUT of the cake pan
and ONTO a pizza sheet...
 and start adding your sauce and toppings...



Bake another 10-15 minutes at 425*F
(until the cheeses melt and start to brown).
Remove from oven. Cut. Eat.
(I forgot to take a pix of the finished pizza!)

The pizza crust got mixed reviews...
I absolutely LOVED it 
and will be making all of MY pizzas with this crust!
My DH absolutely HATED it
and picked off all his toppings,
ate them,
and threw the crust in the garbage.

So, there ya go!

Maybe I will try some other GF crusts and see
if I can find one that we can BOTH enjoy?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment