Friday, September 2, 2016

9-2-2016 Green and Gold

I've started my ScoreBoard Hat for this year's NFL season...
(and am enjoying the pre-season!)
I'm using green and gold for my favorite team,
the Green Bay Packers
(to match last year's ScoreBoard Scarf!).
This is the Brim of the hat.
Now, for each game,
when the Green Bay Packers score
I will knit a green stitch for each point
and when the opponent scores, a gold stitch for each point.
And the end of each game I will knit a 'twizzle' (tendril)
of either green (Packers) or gold (opponents)
for the winning team of that game.

Using worsted weight yarn on size 6 needles,
I casted on 96 sts.,
knit 4 rows (2 ridges) of garter stitch,
then 1+1/2 inches of corrugated ribbing
and then another 4 rows (2 ridges) of garter stitch
and finally one row of stockinette stitch.
Now, using the 2 color fair isle technique,
I will stitch the scores of each game
and make a green or gold swizzle at the end of each game
resulting in a fair isle stripe above the brim of the hat.
At the end of the season 
I will finish off the top of the hat in solid green 
using the normal decreases.


No comments:

Post a Comment