Friday, June 16, 2023

6-16-2023. Skateboard...Sips...Cana Island Lighthouse...Graffiti...MiniGolf...

#letsmakeart #awesomeartschool #sketchbookskool 
#sketchaday #sketchadayapp 
#skateboard


- - - - - - - - -
The view from our room this morning..
it's going to be another beautiful day in Door County!
Today we began our morning with some coffee from "Sips,"
a chic, hip little shop that had a very inefficient workflow,
but delicious lavender mochas!






Our 2nd stop for today...

We hitched a ride on the tractor-pulled wagon
across the causeway to the island
to enjoy the full experience
even tho the lake is low right now
and we could have walked across...

Pieces of old shipwrecks
continue to wash ashore on their beach...

A 2-seater privy...

The kerosene and gasoline house...













DH and I tried climbing the 97 stairs to the top...
he made it all the way,
I turned around after the first landing
because I got super dizzy and disoriented!










After our lighthouse exploration
we drove around for some lunch
and saw this cute little converted gas station
but it wasn't open...

Chelsea,
we didn't know that you had a side hustle
up in Door County! hee, hee...


We spent the afternoon strolling thru the sculptures
along a path in the woods
at the Edgewood Orchard Galleries...






I was so busy strolling down the path looking at sculptures
that I neglected to look down and watch what was underfoot!































And going inside the galleries...
lots more pretty things!








The next stop was to explore
what DH and I called
the graffiti hut...
all four sides are covered!









This made me think of my BFF
who used to live in Westby, WI...
I found it all very fascinating!!!
I could have spent several days here
reading all the graffiti.

And to end the day...
more mini golf at Pirate's Cove...
DH 'let me win' yesterday on my birthday,
so today is the rematch...



And finally, we enjoy from our balcony
 our final sunset of this trip
here at the Country House in Sister Bay...

Thank you so much, dear husband,
for the most amazing 70th birthday celebration
here in Door County!

No comments:

Post a Comment